Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing has a position available for public relations account coordinator. The successful candidate will gain exposure for assigned clients with their intended audiences through media relations, digital marketing, community outreach and other strategic communication vehicles.
As a public relations account coordinator, one will be expected to work within a wider team which aims to influence public opinion or behavior, on behalf of the client(s). They will also be expected to not only plan, but execute communication strategies and communicate on a regular basis with the client(s).
Typical Work Activities:
Working as an account coordinator, the tasks for success are likely to vary from day to day, depending on the assigned client(s) and area of public relations and marketing being performed. Tasks typically involve:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients, often via telephone and email.
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients, potential new clients and the media.
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
- Working as part of an account team to implement the communications strategy.
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings.
- Researching and writing content for a variety of uses and platforms including traditional media and social media.
- Developing innovative marketing concepts.
- Monitoring and managing a set of social media accounts.
- Researching and developing media pitches.
- Collating, analyzing and evaluating media coverage.
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events.
- Attending and promoting client events.
- Coordinating studio or location photography.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation, Benefits & More:
Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing offers the following compensation package. Our agency is an equal opportunity employer.
- Starting salary for this position is $30,000 annually.
- Our benefit package includes a monthly health insurance stipend.
- Office hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., but often increase depending on workload. As client deadlines are all-important, the successful candidate will be expected to work until outstanding jobs have been completed.
- Attendance of special events, networking and other “after hours” gatherings are expected.
- Professional dress is required. On some occasions, more casual attire is permitted.
- Travel within a working day can be frequent. Absence from home overnight may also be required, as is international travel.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with a degree in public relations, journalism, mass communications, strategic communications, marketing or other related discipline.
- Minimum of one to two years of public relations, marketing or communications experience preferred.
- Fully proficient knowledge in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional desired skills:
- Advanced layout and design skills, ability to create for print or web.
- Photography, videography and editing experience.
- Experience with content management systems and e-mail marketing software.
- Fully-proficient and advanced knowledge of design and illustration software including Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6 and Adobe Illustrator CS6.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to lead projects while handling multiple projects at one time, while staying organized.
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Good teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Ability to think strategically along with good analytical skills.
- Business awareness and a knowledge of current affairs.
- Creativity and imagination.
- Ability to use initiative.
Those interested can apply here.