Candor Public Relations is seeking a qualified multi-faceted individual who enjoys producing a variety of content and graphics in support of our clients for distribution through digital and social media channels. The position will be located in Oklahoma City.
- Create engaging written and visual content for the purpose of marketing a portfolio of clients.
- Conceptualize and design graphics for multiple mediums including web, print and video.
- Create brand and design standards for clients.
- Plan and execute content marketing campaigns: leverage content, SEO, SEM, social media, and other inbound marketing tactics to generate website traffic and leads.
- Maintain and update client websites.
- Design and program email templates.
- Work with third-party printers to manage pre-press process through final production.
- Regularly meet and communicate with clients to understand their marketing needs, set their content marketing strategy, and communicate successes and challenges.
- Help ensure quality and cohesiveness of design for each client’s needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with webmasters, reporters, publications and influencers to facilitate the placement and promotion of content.
- Stay abreast of newest digital trends, finding opportunities on how to apply them to enhance our services and benefit our clients.
- Bring a positive attitude to work every day. Collaborate and share best-practices with the team and the digital marketing community.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong graphics design skills
- Experience working with a variety of inbound marketing tactics: blogging, public relations, SEO, social media, link building, and email outreach
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates strategic thinking, an engaging style and a command of language (flow, sentence structure, grammar and punctuation)
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates creativity and a command of graphic arts
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Ability to meet deadlines whether working independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrate solid understanding in marketing concepts and best practices
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience or familiarity in the following: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, basic HTML knowledge, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver), WordPress or other CMS, bulk email software (e.g. AWeber, MailChimp), Prezi, After Effects and knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices
- Familiarity with social media platforms is a must
- At least 3-5 years of experience (beyond internships) as a content marketer, marketing copywriter, web/digital design experience , SEO, journalist, traditional marketer, communications professional, blogger or digital marketer
- Experience with video production, web design, photography or off-line marketing tactics
- Experience working with print companies
- Experience working as a designer for an advertising agency, marketing department or similar environment is a plus
- Must possess a strong sense of concept development in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Must have intermediate skill level in digital marketing and project management
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work effectively under deadlines while managing concurrent projects
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment with a high volume of on-going projects
- Proven talent for creating fresh, unique and professional designs (portfolio required)
- Ability to implement design vision and direction from management or client as well as the ability to be self-sufficient in developing creative solutions
- Passion to fill in any gaps in your digital marketing knowledge and quickly gain a tactical knowledge through application and analysis
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, advertising, communications)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Be Internet savvy.
- 3+ years of proven graphic design experience
- College degree in graphic arts/design preferred
Commensurate with experience and education