Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager. The primary role of this position is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with our firm. They must develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Ultimately, this individual is responsible for developing the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within our market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and firm leadership.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with V&A team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution and services. Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate. Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the firm’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
The business development management position requires a bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of sales or marketing experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Public Speaking
- Closing Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges
- Market Knowledge
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Various computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation, Benefits & More
- Vann & Associates offers a compensation package. Vann & Associates Strategic Communications Solutions, LLC (dba Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Compensation for this position is on a graduated commission scale.
- Office hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., but often increase depending on workload. As client deadlines are all-important, the successful candidate will be expected to work until outstanding jobs have been completed.
- Attendance of special events, networking and other “after hours” gatherings are expected.
- Professional dress is required. On some occasions, more casual attire is permitted.
- Travel within a working day can be frequent. Absence from home overnight may also be required, as is international travel.
Our Corporate Culture:
An Inside Glimpse to Vann & Associates Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing opened our doors in 2010 as one of Oklahoma's first full-service public relations and marketing firms. Not a traditional "PR firm," Vann & Associates provides both strategy and tactics to execute the most critical of communication plans. Our team is composed of real-world experts ready to help our clients make the most of your public relations and marketing efforts. Small enough to care for our clients but large enough to cut the clutter for your business, Vann & Associates offers a variety of capabilities including public relations, branding, marketing, website design and social media development and management. Vann & Associates Strategic Communications Solutions, LLC, dba Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates shall be considered regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.