The communications and publications manager will help craft and implement communications and public-engagement strategies. The manager will be hands-on, having the opportunity to lead the development of public relations strategy specifically in the areas of content development and digital marketing and engagement. The successful candidate will write content for various types of print and online materials and also support the internal and external communications needs of different teams within the organization, including the development and programming teams. This position is for an experienced nonprofit communications professional, preferably with experience working in community foundations, healthcare or other community-based initiatives. The communications manager will report to the director of communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the director of communications to develop a comprehensive online marketing plan.
- Assist in the management of media relations, including developing relationships with key reporters/editors and staying on the pulse of relevant news.
- Manage and implement all internal communication efforts.
- Create and manage mail and e-mail lists for various stakeholder groups.
- Serve as primary writer for organization’s external communications: e-newsletter, website, press releases, research reports, annual report and occasional op/eds.
- Work with development, programming and leadership teams to coordinate and execute professional seminars, events and other community outreach programs.
- Coordinate all social media efforts to include strategic content creation for Facebook and Twitter.
- Serve as liaison to civic and community institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field required.
- Minimum of three-five years’ experience in marketing or communications role.
- Experience in nonprofit communications a plus, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong AP Style writing is a must.
- Experience with nuts and bolts of marketing communications, specifically digital marketing and social media management and integration.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and tools in the context of corporate or nonprofit communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team.
- Collaborative self-starter who is able to work independently, solve problems and be flexible.
- Experience developing and leading projects that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness and desire to participate in unexpected projects.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2016.