This position is for an experienced Communications Specialist responsible for internal and external communications for Boeing’s B-1, B-52 bombers and KC-10, KC-135 legacy tankers, as well as the Boeing Oklahoma City site. The position is located in Oklahoma City, Okla. and reports to the Aircraft Modernization & Sustainment communications manager. The successful candidate will support three executives including the B-1 director, B-52 director and Oklahoma City site director, writing key messages, speeches, giving communication counsel and preparing for media interviews. This position also focuses on internal employee communications including consistent messaging across all internal mediums including: website, plasmas, weekly employee news and printed signage.
The position requires strong writing skills, project management, media relations, executive support and some video skills.
The candidate will work closely with communications colleagues across the United States.
- Ability to create integrated communication plans that involve public relations strategies
- Meet day-to-day communications needs for the bomber and legacy tanker programs, as well as the Oklahoma City site that include: speeches, news releases, internal e-news stories, social media plans, and some photo/video capturing and editing.
- Solid outreach to local and trade media to propel program and site messages.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and stay on task, meeting deadlines (includes occasional work outside normal business hours and travel).
- Work with cross functional communication team to create social media plans, videos, Frontiers Magazine, and Boeing.com stories.
- Monitoring news and social media for programs and site, reporting to respective leadership teams
- Strong customer service skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues, leadership, media and public affairs officers.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Here, you’ll work alongside more than 170,000 exceptional people – each focused on bringing great products and services to market. Boeing is comprised of one of the most diverse, talented, and innovative workforces you will find anywhere. More than 140,000 of our people hold degrees from approximately 2,700 colleges and universities worldwide. Their expertise and knowledge represent virtually every business and technical field. By building a career at Boeing, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills, create relationships around the world and help shape the future of aerospace. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Level 3 - Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Related Skills / Attributes:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
- Must be willing to meet work assignment/travel requirements.
Yes, 10 percent of the time
Contingent Upon Program Award