The University of Oklahoma is pleased to announce an opening for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment and Director of Admissions and Recruitment Communications. The Director of Communications is a part of the Admissions and Recruitment leadership team and oversees the team responsible for the development and promotion of marketing and public relations efforts for OU’s recruitment of prospective students. He/she will work closely with the Executive Director of Admissions and Recruitment to establish marketing and communications campaigns for domestic and international prospective students.
The Director of Admissions and Recruitment Communications responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and supervise the Communications (ARCOMM) team which includes four professional staff members who each have various related roles, and a graduate assistant who supervises a student call center.
- The ARCOMM team executes communications on behalf of the department to prospective students, including Admissions and Recruitment website, social media campaigns, print publications, event invitations, emails, phone calls, video and photo production, and advertisements
- Work in tandem with different teams across the department to evaluate and coordinate publications, communication projects, etc. so that the university is being well promoted in each appropriate medium
- Collaborate with the academic colleges, Public Affairs, Web Communications and all other OU departments that intersect with prospective students to ensure the university and its academic brand are comprehensively represented
- Develop research strategies to determine needs of targeted and potential recruitment markets and to ensure best practices are occurring at OU
- Update staff and Executive Director regularly on progress of all projects
- Maintain budget for communications and marketing needs
- Participate in professional development conferences and activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred but not required;
- Strong track record of project management and working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Five years of experience in professional marketing or communications setting highly preferred. Experience with or familiarity with a higher education setting is also preferred;
- Familiarity with the nature and goals of a selective flagship public institution;
- Strong organizational skills, and exceptional oral, leadership and written communication skills;
- Experience with supervision of others is desired; leadership experience is required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite software;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and strong preference to experience and success with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software program (OU uses Slate by Technolutions);
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media strategies and strong understanding for video, photography and graphic design strategies;
- Willingness to work occasional extended and weekend hours during peak periods;
- Passion for communicating with target age group.
- Please provide 3 names and contact information for three professional references
Applications will be considered through December 2, 2016 or until position is filled.