Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to lead our firm’s digital marketing and engagement services for clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for the innovative management of digital strategy for client brands. The role requires a strategy-centric, tactic-motivated, trendsetter who is an action-oriented and progressive thinker with the ability to connect digital marketing to all other aspects of a client business, including integration with advertising, marketing and communication plans, and drive growth opportunities. The Social Media Manager answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations.
This person also handles the day-to-day, hands-on operations of digital marketing projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution including channel management of message writing and posting, answering engagement and trend verification. He or she is responsible for client contact, organizing information shared by and with the client and ensuring that agency procedures and digital marketing plans are followed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client.
This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced, 24/7 environment and must have sound judgment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Develops unique strategies and builds upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives
- Executes projects to be high quality, on time and cost-effective/on budget
- Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met
- Manages overall project scope
- Develops strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation and execution
- Manages client expectations, bringing issues/concerns to clients' attention before they become problems and offering potential solutions
- Ensures accountability is established during the project planning process
- Works with supervisor to ensure digital marketing team is aligned to client requirements
- Proactively keeps abreast of assigned clients' advertising, marketing and communication plans and provides technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, etc.
- Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes
- Writes communications briefs, ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
- Manages research studies that yield rich insights into consumer online behavior and key motivational/attitudinal behavior
- Writes and transmits conference reports to clients and agency team Reviews statements and estimates of work prior to client review
- Provides campaign performance reporting and analysis to clients
- Two to four years of full-time experience in social media management or public relations (digital experience required)
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, both internal and client-facing
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Technical Delivery Specialists
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Must be able to carry out tasks independently
- Graphic design skills a plus, but not required
- Photography skills a plus, but not required
Compensation, Benefits & More:
Vann & Associates offers a compensation package. Vann & Associates Strategic Communications Solutions, LLC (dba Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Starting salary for this position is between $32,500 and $37,500 annually
- Regular office hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will work hours which both coincide with, and extend past, normal business hours.
- As client deadlines are all-important, the successful candidate will be expected to work until outstanding jobs have been completed.
- Attendance of special events, networking and other “after hours” gatherings is expected.
- Professional dress is required. On some occasions, more casual attire is permitted.
- Travel within a working day can be frequent.
- Absence from home overnight may also be required, as is international travel.
For more information or to apply, click here.