POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the VP of Marketing & Communications and the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Special Event and Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Department with special events and day-to-day activities. S/he will help increase brand awareness, plan, organize and execute special events and assist with cause marketing and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for complete management and oversight of all Regional Food Bank special event activities, including but not limited to, the following primary events:
- Hunger Action Month (Sept)
- Stan’s Ride (Sept)
- State Fair with News 9 (Sept) o Feeding Oklahoma (Oct)
- Students Against Hunger food drive (Oct/Nov)
- Chefs’ Feast (March)
- Feeding Hope and Letter Carriers’ Food Drive (May/June)
- Other cause marketing or corporate partner events
- Manage all aspects of the Regional Food Bank’s events, including idea development, event strategy, committee participation, implementation and evaluation of goal achievement.
- Event management responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary staff point person for special events and promotions.
- Develop and execute event timelines to meet deadlines.
- Develop event budgets and ensure events meet or exceed budget goals. Plan, manage and report on the budget in all areas of responsibility in order to ensure responsible control over the Regional Food Bank’s resources.
- Coordinate logistical plans for events in cooperation with operations and/or other departments.
- Develop, oversee and execute task lists associated with each event (i.e., book location, meet with chefs, schedule caterer, coordinate and lead committee meetings, coordinate entertainment, coordinate linens, schedule photographers, follow timelines, update timelines, etc.),
- Work with the Volunteer Center to:
- Create volunteer job descriptions
- Identify volunteer needs
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Steward volunteers
- Track volunteer hours
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Development teams to:
- Develop collateral materials for events
- Develop collateral materials for sponsorship proposals
- Develop sponsorship recognition/stewardship opportunities
- Create reports and wrap-up documents for sponsor-donors
- Prepare event thank you letters, payment reminders and other post-event tasks.
- Manage intake of calls from potential partners for new promotions, and other events or campaigns.
- Complete and route necessary paperwork, track status and follow up with partners.
- Update and maintain spreadsheet with annual results of each event for quick reference on intranet (historical data).
- Analyze and report the success/effectiveness of special events/promotions. o Assist with planning events led by other departments or community partners.
- Collaborate and communicate with all departments as necessary in the planning and execution of all events.
- Provide high quality customer service for special events including, but not limited to: answering incoming phone calls and emails, replying to requests for special events and educational program information, initiating telephone contacts related to special events and providing appropriate follow up and donor stewardship.
- Track and provide regular communications (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) regarding special events departmentally and cross-departmentally.
- Assist with outreach program including speaking engagements with corporations, civic groups, schools, or church groups.
- Assist with Hunger 101 presentations (in-house & community sites).
- Assist with tours, presentations and talks.
- Assist in administrative duties associated with PR/Marketing activities.
- Participate with other members of the Marketing team in decision-making on cause-related marketing, corporate relationship development and marketing strategies and promotions; and participate in activities that further the goals and objectives of the department and the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Language Skills - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability - Strong analytical skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Personal Skills - Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership experience/skills. Must be a self- starter who is driven and capable of keeping track of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly organized with an ability to pay attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships; must be a strategic, creative, progressive thinker.
- Technical Skills - Proficiency in MS Office applications; and ability to learn new technological applications. ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Clearance of background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass physical examination.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation (some travel required).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, email and calendaring applications, social media, and the Internet.
￼￼REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Integrity, enthusiasm, flexibility, innovation, vitality, stewardship and a strong work ethic.
- A desire to be a part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to articulate, the mission of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- The intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of volunteers and volunteer leaders, staff, and other constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels, and a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Proactive and a desire to take ownership of areas of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS: B.A. in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations is preferred. Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position functions in an office environment and may require travel within the service area (central and western Oklahoma). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. It requires the use of general office equipment such as telephone, computers, adding machines, calculators and copiers and walking across the warehouse and office areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and have a driver’s license. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.