Vann & Associates | PR + Marketing, a full-service public relations firm, seeks a current student for a paid internship position at their Oklahoma City office. The position requires a minimum 15-hour commitment per week. The internship may be used for college credit with approval from university. The intern will learn about communications strategy, writing for various audiences and mediums, event planning, social media, media relations and research. The internship will provide a realistic perspective and hands-on work involvement in an agency setting as well as behind-the-scenes experiences. Interns will have the opportunity to gain skills and work samples.
- Strong writing and editing skills with advanced knowledge of AP Style.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, e-mail and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
- Ability to organize and execute multiple projects at one time while adhering to a deadline.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Completed at least sophomore year of college, and pursuing a bachelor's degree in public relations or communications.
- Participate in planning and creative processes
- Write for various print and online publications
- Assist in development of social media strategy and messaging
- Assist with planning special events
- Assist with website content management
- Assist with media relations and research
- Track generated press
- Other office duties as assigned such as answering the telephone and organization
- Hours are flexible.
This is a paid position; however, it does not qualify for benefits. Semester-long internships are available year-round.
For more information or to apply, click the following link: http://www.vannpr.com/careers--internship.html .