SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position requires a self-starting, motivated individual who excels at strategic communications and execution of a coordinated media campaign. This position is responsible for the management of the association’s overall communication strategy and digital communications to successfully reflect the association’s voice and achieve OKOGA mission and goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plan and implement communication strategies with association staff and members to accomplish legislative, regulatory and public policy goals.
Launch efforts to broaden and deepen the organization’s reach through traditional and digital media.
Work with association staff to effectively engage target audiences.
- Manage creative development for campaigns including the coordination of consultants, contractors, vendors and association members.
- Oversee the selection, implementation and management of communications and new tools as needed.
- Design, build and maintain OKOGA’s social media presence by developing, writing and editing engaging content for association website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Produce, edit and publish association Weekly Highlights newsletter and partner association newsletter.
- Produce, publish and distribute communications about association and partner association events and meetings.
- Utilize creative analysis and implement changes to produce increased engagement across all communication tools and platforms.
- Leverage knowledge of media performance metrics for measuring the impact of digital outreach and engagement.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to optimize strategies and ROI results.
- Conduct necessary research to keep OKOGA up-to-date on emerging digital trends, innovations, and best practices.
Daily news monitoring:
- Track industry related and association news.
- Consistently monitor social media channels, content calendar, and voice of customer through the use of Social Monitoring systems and designated reporting tools.
- Discern news, legislative and regulatory updates relevant to association members for weekly news updates.
Represent the association in a professional manner:
- Build relationships with the press, public and targeted, high-level external audiences and key influencers to achieve those goals.
- Proactively engage the public with association outreach events and projects.
- Build strong working relationships with OKOGA’s members and affiliated organizations.
- Engage with online contacts by responding to their questions, feedback and participating in conversations with them as an OKOGA representative.
Manage association and industry reputations by relaying feedback to OKOGA staff in a timely manner.
KKNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and expertise. Interest in oil and natural gas related issues is a requirement.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent writing skills are essential for this job including experience writing copy for press releases, social media, websites, e-newsletters, and blogs.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills, attention to detail and have the ability to communicate internally and externally with different business and management levels.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute communication plans, strategies and media campaigns in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize information.
- Knowledge of the oil and natural gas industry is preferred but not required.
- An outgoing personality eager to network with OKOGA members.
- A curiosity and interest in evolving practices in digital communications and strategies to engage communities and expand the association’s reach.
- Graphic design experience and demonstrated proficiency with computers and software applications needed to produce creative design components for website, social media, digital media and printed materials preferred.
- Experience with the production of photography and video for digital platforms is preferred.
Responsible for execution of coordinated communications plan and implementation of overall communications strategy.
Responsible for gaining and increasing engagement with all association media platforms.
Coordinate with association President and Executive Vice President to ensure association mission is fulfilled and communications goals are achieved.
Work with association members with communications expertise for coordination of communications efforts.
Responsible for maintaining association web presence with updated and accurate information.
Any interested persons should submit a resume with references and writing sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, Oct. 21.