Taking the Plunge: Lessons Learned in Entrepreneurism
with Karen Wicker, Candor
What does it take to start and sustain your own business? Candor President Karen Wicker will discuss the entrepreneurial roller coaster and share tips for how to make it on your own, or at least dream about it.
Karen has 30 years’ experience managing reputations in Oklahoma. In 2012, she founded Candor, which was recently ranked the second fastest-growing business in Oklahoma City by the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce. To date, the firm has served more than 100 clients in industries such as healthcare, education, retail, nonprofits and more.
Karen’s community involvement includes:
- American Red Cross, Board Member
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, Board of Advisors
- Leadership Oklahoma, Graduate
- Leadership Oklahoma City, Graduate
- Leadership Tulsa, Graduate
- The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City, Member
Recent Awards & Honors:
- Metro 50, Second Fastest-Growing Company in OKC, Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Byliner Award, Association for Women in Communications, 2014
- Board Member of the Year, American Red Cross, 2013
- 50 Making A Difference, The Journal Record, 2013
Karen is a former television news reporter and a skilled media and crisis communications coach known for providing candid counsel. She holds a Bachelor’s of Journalism Degree and a Master’s of Human Relations Degree from The University of Oklahoma. In her free time, Karen enjoys running, reading and spending quality time with her family.
The luncheon will be held at the Boldt Construction building at 100 W. Hefner Rd. Oklahoma City, OK 73114 (Click here for a Google Map). Please be sure to get there in time for networking — from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. The actual luncheon will be from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
IABC Members and Students pay only $20 per person. Non-members are welcome for $30 each. If you have any questions about registration or want to RSVP but want to pay at the door, send us an email and we'll get you all fixed up.