Operating under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Relations, the Public Relations Assistant will help generate excitement and awareness about the activities and importance of NSO in local communities.
The Public Relations Assistant will support the Public Relations Director in the day-to-day administration of PR and fundraising activities, specifically with writing/designing/updating newsletters, brochures/handouts, websites, social networks and press, bringing public awareness to NSO’s mission: We are a faith-based organization serving the at-risk and homeless population by providing housing solutions and teaching skills to transform lives.
- Provide support to the Director of Public Relations.
- Express creativity, flexibility and decisiveness.
- Exhibit professionalism at all times.
- Assist in the development and publication of the quarterly agency newsletter and monthly client newsletter.
- Enhance NSO’s image through media contact, website, social media and community involvement.
- Update all of NSO’s social media network sites including NSO website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Develop strong, positive relationships with media professionals, agency partners and the general public to increase awareness of our mission and upcoming newsworthy events.
- Maintain records of agency promotion, including press clippings, articles and samples of agency work.
- Assist in the communication process to tell stories that stir emotion and interest, leaving people inspired and with a desire to take action on behalf of the organization.
- Recruit outside professional assistance when necessary in the design, color production and format of all agency marketing tools.
- Keep the community and selected target markets informed regarding agency’s services by the development of newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and other informational materials to media outlets.
- Attend and participate in meetings throughout the community to maintain a positive image and bring awareness of the agency.
- Exercise responsibility within budget and in accordance with agency policy.
- Represent the agency in the community regarding areas of specific assignment, such as special events, receptions and United Way Partner Agency fairs.
- Assist in donor recognition activities and donor stewardship.
- Assist in the United Way campaign speaker’s bureau and the agency’s speaker’s bureau.
- Assist the NSO’s annual fundraiser, the NSO Hungryman.
- Participate as part of marketing and development team, for purposes of overall planning, operation and administrative policy formulation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Relations Director.
Education and Work Experience:
Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or comparable field.
One to two years of experience in communication, public relations, or marketing.
Click here for more information. Resumes should be submitted no later than May 4, 2014 and should be sent to Lisa Kelley, M.A. – Human Resource Manager.