The Social Media Manager is responsible for the design and execution of strategies and campaigns to maximize opportunities for accurate and positive positioning across all of Feed the Children’s social media platforms. The Social Media Manager will help develop online engagement initiatives and programs to develop brand awareness, build engagement and drive participation by internal and external audiences to support Feed the Children’s mission. The Social Media Manager will report directly to the Director of Communications and PR.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the development and execution of social media projects from conception through implementation to reporting, providing both management and hands-on involvement in all phases.
- Establish, monitor and review the social media strategy in conjunction with the Director of Communications & PR to ensure that the departmental goals are aligned with key business objectives.
- Proactively research and identify creative channels, properties, communities and technology to drive organizational awareness.
- Develop strategic social media plans to position Feed the Children for local, national and international media attention.
- Develop responsive engagement strategies to cultivate fans/followers of Feed the Children who in return become advocates, volunteers and supporters of our organization.
- Create original, high-quality writing and frequent postings of new content to our social media platforms.
- Develop strategy to attract a roster of noted bloggers and social media personalities to guest post, promote and engage their respective online/social media network to build awareness for and interaction with Feed the Children.
- Engage with fans and constituent audiences in real time on social media platforms and various websites as needed.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for blog and social media networks to ensure consistent online and social media activities and opportunities for engagement.
- Collaborate with the Communications & PR Manager to develop strong working relationships with online figures on a national level, as well as provide timely responses to social media requests and reporting to promote positive exposure surrounding Feed the Children’s programs, events and initiatives.
- Create timely and strategic online postings to support campaigns, briefings, report submissions, press announcements, etc.
- Manage organizational social media communication efforts in collaboration with other key internal departments.
- Provide strategic consulting to internal departments to ensure consistency of key messaging and branding across the organization while also promoting cross functional collaboration.
- Develop an engaged Internal Events Committee responsible for the implementation of internal employee events which includes the delegation of assignments amongst the committee members.
- Develop, manage and execute the corporate social media plan as it relates to organizational initiatives.
- Manage weekly and monthly reports using media tracking software to track trends and specific social media matrices.
- Develop future social media strategies based on data derived through media reports.
- Manage the social media content deliverables to ensure brand message is consistent, timely and relevant.
- Exercise independent judgment when prioritizing social media opportunities.
- Proactively identify challenges and emerging issues faced online by the organization, both internally and externally, that could potentially impact the brand perception and value.
- Establish timeliness and oversee the timely development of items related to the social media strategy.
- Develop new and creative ways to differentiate ways to bring Feed the Children’s brand to life.
- Track and analyze program effectiveness to determine ROI and prioritize resources.
- Must be able to work under pressure, work accurately and meet tight deadlines.
- Establish an environment of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality, welcomes and encourages collaboration, and fosters both intra and inter-departmental dialogue and respect.
- Model the type and level of behavior, professionalism and personal leadership that is in accordance with the values of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations preferred.
- 4+ years of professional experience in social media, public relations or similar field required.
- 4+ years of professional experience in developing organizational social media strategy.
- Professional working experience in social media administration across multiple social media networks and channels preferred (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Professional experience in Hubspot preferred.
- Professional experience within an agency preferred.
- Proven success in project management and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional editing, communication and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to implement communications and media programs preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities through management of a committee, project, etc. preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer Skills – Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Oral Communication - Speak clearly, persuasively and professionally in positive or negative situations; listen and gets clarification; Respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
- Written Communication - Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Reasoning - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Travel: The travel requirements for this position are estimated to be up to 25% of the work time. Travel may include Domestic and International travel. Driver’s license and passport required.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply, click here.