Summary of Position
This position requires a self-starting, motivated individual who excels at strategic communications, media relations and execution of coordinated media campaigns. This position is responsible for the management of the association’s overall communication strategy and digital communications to successfully reflect the association’s voice and achieve OKOGA’s mission and public policy goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and implement communication strategies with association staff and members to accomplish legislative, regulatory and public policy goals. Launch efforts to broaden and deepen the organization’s reach through traditional and digital media. Work with association staff to effectively engage target audiences, and coordinate strategy with OKOGA’s communication committee.
- Create and implement a messaging and media strategy by discerning news, legislative and regulatory updates relevant to association members.
- Build relationships with the press, public and targeted, high-level external audiences and key influencers to achieve messaging and advocacy goals.
- Manage creative development and budget for campaigns including the coordination of consultants, contractors, vendors and association members.
- Maintain and grow OKOGA’s social media presence by developing, writing and editing engaging content for association website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Support and provide regular updates to the OKOGA Communications Committee made up of corporate communication professionals, community relations professionals, and government affair professionals.
- Produce, edit and publish association Weekly Highlights newsletter and partner association newsletter.
- Produce, publish and distribute communications about association and partner association events and meetings.
- Familiarity with Adobe design software preferred, but not required.