Website City pf Edmond
Communications Coordinator Job#211004
Department: Visit Edmond Open until October 29st, 2021
Starting Salary: $18.49- $20.22 Per Hour
Effective Tuesday, September 7th and until further notice, all future City of Edmond employees will be required to have at least the first dose of a COVID vaccination before they will be hired. New employees who have received the first dose will be required to get the second dose when they are allowed to do so by the vaccination guidelines.
Our Mission: We strive to facilitate positive visitor experiences for leisure travelers, conference, meeting, and sporting event attendees.
Regular schedule for this position is 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday but may require some weekend or after-hours work.
Visit Edmond Offices are located in the Hilton Garden Inn & Edmond Conference Center.
· This position has an enhanced customer service and communications focus that supports the mission of Visit Edmond by coordinating website and social media efforts and performing administrative duties.
· Work can be highly confidential in nature and involves the skilled use of a computer.
· Customer service and clear communication is key to the successful performance of duties.
· This work involves dealing extensively with both internal and external customers and the public.
· This position is expected to exercise independent judgement, initiative, discretion, and professional conduct in working with clients. Tact, courtesy, and diplomacy are required.
· Attention to detail, strategic thinking, and the ability to focus extensively on individual projects is essential.
· Motivated self-starters will excel in this position.
· Requires the ability to work flexible hours due to the nature of the work, with some work necessary on weekends and/or after normal office hours.
· This position is approximately 25% administrative and 75% social media/web content development.
· Besides a safe, stable, learning environment, get a generous benefits package for our health, vision, dental, and wellbeing.
· We have a dedicated, on-site, medical clinic that is no cost to employees and covered dependents for the services and Rx they provide.
· We earn time off for vacation and sick leave; we have paid holidays, longevity, and retirement for our future.
· High school diploma or GED, plus training or on the job experience of 19 to 23 months related experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Preferred bachelor’s degree in hospitality or communications related field and 2+ years of experience within those fields is preferred.
· Certifications through industry related training would be an asset examples include
– CTA: Certified Tourism Ambassador, a curriculum-based program jointly developed and managed by Visit Edmond, Oklahoma City CVB, and Visit Norman CVB.
– Google Analytics Certification.
· Experience in researching, compiling, and summarizing statistical data is required.
· Must be able to effectively work on several projects and/or issues simultaneously.
· Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Spreadsheets, Video Conferencing (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
· Must be Proficient in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest as well as experienced with Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, ad Constant Contact.
· Must be able to pass extensive background process and pre-employment screenings.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL Friday, October 29st, 2021
Please apply at https://www.edmondok.com/jobs
The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity employer. Edmond does not discriminate against employees and/or potential employees. Adverse action based upon an applicant’s and/or employee’s race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information and military service is expressly prohibited. No decision affecting the terms, conditions and/or benefits of employment with the City of Edmond is based upon an individual’s membership in any of the aforementioned protected classes.
To apply for this job please visit www.edmondok.com.