Website Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce
The Edmond Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job description is below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Researches, writes, edits, designs and updates all chamber publications, the chamber website and special event promotional and collateral materials. Including:
· Semi-annual Magazine (spring and fall)
· Chamber Edmond Life & Leisure Ad Page (twice monthly)
· Annual Community Profile and Membership Directory
· Member Benefits Brochure
· Legislative Agenda
· Business Plan & Annual Report
· Style Guide
· Monthly Event Cards
· Event Save the Dates/Invitations/Promotional Graphics, if needed
· Plans and coordinates print ordering and adheres to deadlines
· Creates video for events, programs, and projects, specifically for Annual Awards Banquet and Dancing with the Stars
· Manages social media for ALL programs and events or delegates responsibility to intern when applicable
· Coordinates website re-designs as directed by CEO
· Produces content for and distributes weekly Events email (Monday) and E-news (Wednesday), as well as other promotional emails, as assigned.
· Manages Chamber website and updates regularly
· Adds sponsor logos to Chamber events to CC Assist monthly
· Records and updates on hold messages monthly
· Creates and distributes annual membership survey and compiles results
· Researches, writes and distributes press releases for Chamber events, programs and projects
· Coordinates Edmond Young Professionals program
· Serves as the subject area expert in the areas of communications. Keeps President/CEO updated on trends and new programs at least quarterly
· Schedules/promotes/attends ribbon cuttings and writes press releases to distribute to media and post on chamber’s social media.
· Assists with day to day office functions and provides guidance to support personnel as directed, or as routine functions dictate.
· Attends monthly membership events as assigned by the CEO
Edmond Young Professionals
· Manage membership of approximately 200 members.
· New Members
o Attract new members through quality programming, personal meetings, phone calls or emails; follow up with guests who attended EYP events about membership.
o Coordinate with office manager to create/update information of new members on CC Assist; create them as Reps under EYP if not a Chamber member.
o Send welcome email with upcoming events and login information.
· Plan/Promote all EYP events:
o Lunch Bunch meetups on the 3rd Tuesday of every month; schedule reservations for group and promote event at least one month ahead of time through e-news, social media, personal emails to members and physical invitations given at events prior to.
o Four networking events at various venues in the area to include complimentary food and/or drinks; promote event one month ahead of time through e-news, social media, personal emails to members and physical invitations given at events prior to.
o Bi-monthly Leadership Latte Speaker Series; schedule date, location and speaker for event. Promote event one month ahead of time through e-news, social media, personal emails to members and physical invitations given at events prior to.
o Two educational luncheons at various venues in the area to include lunch; create topic/speaker, schedule date and location for event. Promote event one month ahead of time through e-news, social media, personal emails to members and physical invitations given at events prior to.
o Monthly Steering Committee meetings on the first Thursday of every month; create agenda and send out two-week, one-week and day-before reminders.
o Seek out various community service opportunities in the area to enhance the community and bring visibility to EYP.
· Seek sponsorship or in-kind donations for EYP events.
· Manage EYP Facebook and Instagram
· Manage EYP blog on Chamber website; encourage members to become guest writers for blog and post guest posts or event recap posts. Goal: Post new blog monthly
· Design and distribute semi monthly e-newsletter to EYP members
· Create and distribute membership surveys, as needed
Diversity and Inclusion Series
· Quarterly steering committee meetings. Create agenda and send out two-week, one-week and day before reminders
· Research topics and speakers to schedule monthly series that are relevant, engaging and impactful
Operate office equipment – have knowledge of programs including CC Assist membership database, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
· Available for other duties as may be assigned by the President & CEO.
· Assist with special events as needed, occasionally on nights and/or weekends
· Assist with copy and communications for other programs as assigned, including women’s council and small business newsletters and CEO’s communication pieces
· Serves as the subject area expert in the area of Young Professionals. Keeps President/CEO updated on trends and new programs at least quarterly.
· Edmond Young Professionals
· Diversity and Inclusion Series
· Edmond Arts Festival – Children’s Tent Chairman
· Assists CEO with committees as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com