When you become an IABC member, you join a worldwide network of 15,000 fellow professionals who are committed to the highest organizational communication standards. IABC links communicators in a global network that inspires, establishes and supports the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organizational communication.
Locally, the IABC Central Oklahoma chapter is a place for communicators to connect. We share best practices, network and help each other grow as professionals. We’re also frequently described as an extremely welcoming group of people – come check out one of our professional development luncheons and see for yourself!
Annual dues for the IABC Central Oklahoma chapter are $289. Membership unlocks access to a wealth of resources from IABC International, as well as local benefits including the member rate at luncheons and free members-only workshops. During the month of March, new and renewing members save 10% ($25) on international dues.
Join a Committee
We can always use extra help in growing our chapter and making sure that we continue to offer our members the best in both professional development and fun networking. There are several committees to choose from. Pick one, two or more!
You don’t have to be a member to join a committee. So if you just want to get more involved and help or just learn more about the organization, feel free to sign up!
Below are descriptions and contact information for the board member in charge of the committee. If interested, send an email with your strengths, interests, and availability to join the committee and start helping.
Chair: President Linda Wesley
- Contacts prospective members
- Assists with outreach to new members
- Finds creative ways to engage current members
- Proactively surveys current and prospect members both formally and informally
- Assists with planning member recruitment events (approx. 2 per year)
- Assists with promotion of membership months (2 per year)
Chair: VP Communications Tim Priebe
- Assists with social media management and promotions
- Drafts news releases on upcoming events and chapter news
- Notifies media of newsworthy information
- Takes pictures at meetings and networking events for promotion on website and social media
- Assists with maintenance of website, comes up with new content and ideas to reach our audiences
Chair: President Linda Wesley
- Assists with engaging current partners
- Suggests prospect sponsors
- Maintains relationships
- Ensures all package incentives and requirements are met
- Proactively promotes partners package to audiences
Professional Development Committee
Chair: VP Professional Development Thomas Berger
- Assists with planning of monthly luncheon programs
- Suggests topics and speakers for monthly luncheon programs
- Contacts speakers when necessary to obtain availability
- Assists with planning and executing of professional development Members’ Only Workshops (approx. 2 per year)
Chair: Immediate Past President Larisha Hunter
- Assists with nominations for all board positions
- Solicits and collects information from IABC Central Oklahoma Members for nominations
- Assists with recommendations and preparation of slate of candidates
Bronze Quill Committee
Chair: VP Bronze Quill & President-Elect Chloé Gee
- Assists with planning the Bronze Quill awards banquet
- Helps develop Call for Entries and promote the awards to area businesses
- Solicits sponsorships for the awards banquet