Website Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
This position is responsible for public relations and managing internal and external communications for the division. Communications includes content, design, production and distribution of internal and external communications to employees, employer group leaders, providers, members and producers. Develops communication plans including objectives, strategies and tactics relating to the department’s overall and individual communication efforts. Produces or supervises production of new content and content updates for electronic communications via the public Web site and corporate internet. Participates in strategic planning for Web site, intranet and other electronic special events. Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of public and media relations strategies and programs for the division, in cooperation with the corporate media and public relations department. Monitors media coverage and actively pursue opportunities for external communication through the media. Produces or supervises production of press releases, special publications and advertorials. Supervises photographers. Hires, trains and supervises the work of communications staff members.
* Manage internal and external communications for Oklahoma Division. Management responsibilities include and are not limited to hiring, training, mentoring, counseling, diversity, performance management, salary administration, change management, staff communications, and staff development.
* Responsible for public and media relations. Assist in the development of public and media relations strategies. Manage the execution of public and media relations strategies and programs to advance the company’s strategic direction and objectives.
* Develop and implement strategies for internal and external communications. Oversight of writing, revision, production and approval of internal and external communications.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree and 8 years’ experience in public relations, advertising, promotional or technical writing, or communications field OR 11 years’ experience in public relations, advertising, promotional/technical writing, or communications field.
* 3 years managerial experience.
* Health care experience and knowledge of managed care products.
* Experience presenting to upper management or executives.
* Experience influencing the decision making process.
* Experience handling situations with political appropriateness and sensitivity.
* Written and oral communications skills to develop and sustain internal and external work relationships, develop and review communications materials for external audiences.
* Experience in developing and implementing strategic planning.
* Project management experience including leading and monitoring projects
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Experience in and knowledge of advertising and public relations principles.
To apply for this job please visit hcscrccorp.peoplefluent.com.